What's new

Heavy Cast Iron Piece with Bolts in CW site???-View Added

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2007
Messages
5,591
Reaction score
2,910
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We found these items while searching for CW artillery relics. Note the heavy cast iron pieces with the bolts through them. Any ideas? I found a second one too one. I guessed they were from a bulldozer but I'm not sure. I do know they are heavy duty as I hauled them to the truck to give the landowner. Thanks, Quindy.

I made a rough sketch of the two pieces with bolts running through them. The holes go all the way through each cast piece.
 

Attachments

  • Dman and Quindy 7-20-11.webp
    Dman and Quindy 7-20-11.webp
    32 KB · Views: 474
  • Dman and Quindy 7-20-11.webp
    Dman and Quindy 7-20-11.webp
    32 KB · Views: 437
  • End View.webp
    End View.webp
    2 KB · Views: 375
Re: Heavy Cast Iron Piece with Bolts in CW site???

The second from the left is a faucet nut wrench
 
Upvote 0
Re: Heavy Cast Iron Piece with Bolts in CW site???

creskol said:
The second from the left is a faucet nut wrench
Thanks Rob. We were puzzled about that one too. HH, Quindy.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Heavy Cast Iron Piece with Bolts in CW site???

What does the bottom side of the thing with bolts look like, Quindy?
 
Upvote 0
Re: Heavy Cast Iron Piece with Bolts in CW site???

creskol said:
What does the bottom side of the thing with bolts look like, Quindy?
Rob, I left them with the landowner but the bottom is flat and there's a "tunnel" filled with dirt on the opposite side from the flat bases with the bolts through them. The flat bases are back to back and the round top "tunnels" are opposite from the bases. They are one piece cast. Quindy..
 
Upvote 0
Re: Heavy Cast Iron Piece with Bolts in CW site???

I will have to check, but it looks similar to reach plate mount from a wagon. I am off to dinner...check when I get back.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Heavy Cast Iron Piece with Bolts in CW site???

Back to the drawing board. I can't find the piece that I thought it was in my catalog, but it may be on the reach plate that I dug. I will have to find it and see.
 
Upvote 0
Looks like parts of farm equipment to me ,The triangle piece from a cultivator and the spike beside it from a spike tooth harrow.
That must not be a Zippo lighter, too rusty.
 
Upvote 0
Looks concave to me, Here are pics of parts Im talking about..
 

Attachments

  • walking cultivator.webp
    walking cultivator.webp
    55.5 KB · Views: 319
  • 443766637_tp.webp
    443766637_tp.webp
    27.3 KB · Views: 322
Upvote 0
agree with the faucet wrench post, it was first thought
I think is modern, can buy it at home depot
Brady
 
Upvote 0
the item with the two bolts - clamp
I believe its used to clamp down / crimp on a plastic water line - modern
tighten it up and it allows for repairs to joints down the line
after repairs, the clamp is removed, house Waiter service is restored
plastic water lines have a memory and will mostly restore the water flow
Brady
 
Upvote 0
texastee2007 said:
taz42o said:
Looks like parts of farm equipment to me ,The triangle piece from a cultivator and the spike beside it from a spike tooth harrow.
That must not be a Zippo lighter, too rusty.


is the triangle piece concave or completely flat? If it is concave it could be some kind of row sweep?
It's curved and is a cultivator plow point from a horse drawn plow. The puzzle remains the cast pieces with the bolts through them. By the way, the round iron piece on the right side is a CW Type II 3 in. Hotchkiss base from an exploded shell that I posted on Today's Finds. That's why we were hunting that field. Thanks for looking , Quindy.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Heavy Cast Iron Piece with Bolts in CW site???

creskol said:
The second from the left is a faucet nut wrench
Would,nt the jaw end have to swivel to 90 degrees from handle to be a faucet wrench? It does not look like it does.
 
Upvote 0
1266X.. The piece with the bolts thru it is more than likely some type of fixture or bracket from an old wagon or old farm machinery that was bolted to the wood frame and the wood is long rotted away. Alot of these wagon parts are hard to ID as they are not seen in the present day & time..
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom