Hello from Washington State!

Salmon King

Tenderfoot
Jun 2, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey there everybody!

I've been a lurker for at least a decade.
I started detecting back in the '70s but never have really got into it as they say. Seems I always have something else going on.
Well I'll retire for the 2nd time (1st time was U.S. NAVY - 20years) in 2 more years...hopefully I'll find time then.

For the last 25 years I've been more into gold prospecting than detecting but I'm trying to get out detecting more and more.
I started with a White's 5000D (that one died when it fell off my motorcycle many years ago.
Currently I have one of the original Bounty Hunter Land Ranger's and a QDII (this was a freebie promotional when I bought the LR).
I think in the 20 years I've owned them I have only 20 hours on the LR and maybe 50 on the QDII.
I still have trouble with the settings on the LR so it gets VERY little use.

Oh...I almost forgot...I recently won a Mine Lab Go Find 60 as a door prize. I've had it out 1 time so far (just to see what it could do compared to my QDII).
I had 1 machine in each hand and it was an interesting couple of hours.
I found .$18 in CLAD. I dug every signal and found more trash than I thought possible to exist!
I was really hoping for better performance from a Mine Lab branded machine.

My biggest problem was pin pointing with that Double D coil....what a nightmare!
The holes were always in the wrong spot. But my QDII I could get on target almost every time.

I'm currently in the market for a pin pointer (my current one (a VMAX2) was also a freebie when I bought my LR).
I am leaning heavily toward a Garrett Pro Pointer AT for it's waterproofness and I can use it for Prospecting and coinshooting.

I live in NW Washington on an island so my hunt locations are pretty limited. I also hunt alone...ALWAYS.

Well...That's me all.

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Welcome to TNet, Salmon King! You'll find lots of help here, camaraderie, even some people who might know what you are talking about. I've got an Etrac now, but haven't found any change with it yet. You're ahead of me there!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Washington for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.
Whatever pin pointer you finally decide on - please consider buying one from one of
tn_02.gif
's Supporting Vendors.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the party. I take it that you use the ferry a lot then. Thank you for your service and soon 2nd retirement. Good Luck and Happy Hunting

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread