Help ID: bones? fossils? Petrified wood? Alien remains ???

AU_with_my_gold

Greenie
Jul 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpg Found these while prospecting today. They are heavy like stone, and sound like stone if you bang them together. But I lightly took my knife to one and it kinda carved like bone. We broke one and it split pretty clean and just looked like stone inside. Any help Much appreciated!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 616
Last edited:
OP
OP
A

AU_with_my_gold

Greenie
Jul 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry I'm having trouble getting my pictures on all at once

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 94
Upvote 0

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
??? You got me Man.
I'd go with Alien Remains. lol
GL Finding out tho.

Upvote 0

Rustic

Jul 10, 2015
western MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some of them look vaguely like bones, but most of them don't. It's a puzzle. I have heard that when lightning strikes sand, it turns the sand to glass in weird patterns, but I don't have any personal experience with that to be able to compare to what you have there. Hope someone recognizes them, they are so unusual.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
A

AU_with_my_gold

Greenie
Jul 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys. If it helps at all they seem to have been unearthed at the base of a fresh landslide

Upvote 0

Rustic

Jul 10, 2015
western MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe fulgerites? I googled some pics and worn ones look similar to what you have.

Upvote 0

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah id second alien remains...the one that looks like a tooth is actually a alien ****! Not really well endowed though! Lol cool finds regardless of what they really are!

Upvote 0

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From my experience hunting petrified wood in Arizona, they don't appear to be wood. I have also seen some sand lightning strikes and they don't look like them. Process of elimination would make me assume they are some type of petrified bones? Just my guess.

Upvote 0

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What state are you in. I found similar stuff in a creek in South Georgia along with cretaceous period dinosaur fossils.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread