What's new

Help ID this .45 caliber bullet please!

TrpnBils

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2005
Messages
873
Reaction score
1,234
Golden Thread
1
Location
Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dug this one yesterday at a school where I've dug several .58s and a couple of musket balls over the years. I'm terrible at IDing bullets... I looked at this site but I honestly don't know what half of the stuff means, but searching just filtering through the flat base projectiles gives a lot of results and none of them look right. No rings or grooves, but there is a little reduction in the diameter at the base where the sleeve would have attached.

Dimensions are just shy of 0.8" in length and 0.45" in diameter.
 

Attachments

  • DSC05072.webp
    DSC05072.webp
    128.8 KB · Views: 175
  • DSC05071.webp
    DSC05071.webp
    196.7 KB · Views: 172
Upvote 0
Since it's been awhile since you posted.
I don't have my bullet book in front of me but IMO It look's like a "Type" of 44 cal Colt or maybe one from the Waver-let Arsenal that's been Weathered A-lot.

Just my opinion.

p.s. Like yur Screen Name ..'Did a-lot of that back in the Day' Lol
 
Davers,
Was there a repeating 45 rifle. Do not have the reference, but i have been reading about bullets everyday online. I hope to find some in my sleep.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom