What's new

Help identify fossil?

kenstein

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2012
Messages
577
Reaction score
619
Golden Thread
0
Location
N.E. Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 , Pro pointer, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Anybody know what this fossil is? Found Sunday in North Sulphur River near Cooper, Texas. The pics are not very good, cloudy and misty here. The material is dark brown and shows "marrowed" edges like most most bone fossils found here. A slightly raised hump near the edge, going all the way around, and a roundish depression in the center. Turtle shell plate? I really have no idea. Thanks for lookin' and for any ideas. Ken
 

Attachments

  • 065.webp
    065.webp
    152.2 KB · Views: 171
  • 059.webp
    059.webp
    238.1 KB · Views: 161
  • 063.webp
    063.webp
    196 KB · Views: 169
  • 064.webp
    064.webp
    163 KB · Views: 142
Wow. Thank you Ninja for the ID and for the link. I've been hunting that river for thirty years and I've never seen one until now.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom