What's new

Help IDing fossil?

DemonCatSpaceStar

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2009
Messages
392
Reaction score
516
Golden Thread
0
Location
People of the South Wind
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

I found the first one a couple of weeks ago? The others I found today (aug 19)in the same feeder creek that is very sandy & I know someone who found three Mammoth teeth there in the past.

What do you think they are? I've looked at the 1st one I found & it has crinoids. My daughter said they look like maybe leaf fossils? Some are an inch or more in thickness!


Thanks,
8-)
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4661.webp
    IMG_4661.webp
    420.6 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_4740.webp
    IMG_4740.webp
    407.4 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_4741.webp
    IMG_4741.webp
    511.5 KB · Views: 157
they look like crinoid pieces. Keep looking in the area, you may find a nice big specimen piece. not mammoth at all, no mistaking a mammoth tooth or even a partial tooth.
 
It's bark, yep. Fossil but not aquatic, looks like various species
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom