Horseshoe77

Tenderfoot
Jan 9, 2021
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Metal detecting a MN farm field that had a homestead in 1870s for sure, as it showed up in the MN 1878 Atlas. May have been there as early as mid 1850s as that is when first folks showed up in this area. I found (7X) 19 mm flat buttons. They all had the shank except for one. Shank type looks to be embedded wire, so early 1800s? Any gilding is long gone from tumbling in the dirt for 150ish years. Back side stamping includes the words "EXTRA COLOUR" and there is a 10 pointed starburst etched around the shank and there is a circle etched between the starburst and the words. I've done some Google searches, but have come up with nothing to match what I have. Any help would be appreciated.

Other cool finds at this site were an 1864 beautiful green 2 cent coin with minimal wear, so was likely dropped while only a couple years old, and a Civil War era general services jacket button.

Attachments

• Horseshoe.JPG
    Horseshoe.JPG
    20.1 KB · Views: 88
  • Finds.JPG
    Finds.JPG
    154.2 KB · Views: 43
Upvote 3

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Metal detecting a MN farm field that had a homestead in 1870s for sure, as it showed up in the MN 1878 Atlas. May have been there as early as mid 1850s as that is when first folks showed up in this area. I found (7X) 19 mm flat buttons. They all had the shank except for one. Shank type looks to be embedded wire, so early 1800s? Any gilding is long gone from tumbling in the dirt for 150ish years. Back side stamping includes the words "EXTRA COLOUR" and there is a 10 pointed starburst etched around the shank and there is a circle etched between the starburst and the words. I've done some Google searches, but have come up with nothing to match what I have. Any help would be appreciated.

Other cool finds at this site were an 1864 beautiful green 2 cent coin with minimal wear, so was likely dropped while only a couple years old, and a Civil War era general services jacket button.
Nice deuce horseshoe. Most of the flatties are probably 1830s era. Congratulations

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread