What's new

Help with City Button Works New York identification

MegBedrosian

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jan 27, 2014
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going through a tin of my Great-Grandmother's old buttons and came upon six, 1 1/8" buttons with the stamping of "City Button Works New York" on the back. They also have wire loop shank backings and three of them have concave backs and 3 have convex backs. (Pictures accompanying post) I have found some information on City Button Works New York and since they moved manufacturing from New York to New Jersey in 1923, I am told these are probably made before that time but I can't find any information on this particular stamping except that it is the same stamping image used by Scoville Waterbury for WWII Air Force buttons. Any information or help would be great appreciated.
Thanks
 

Attachments

  • goodpicture.webp
    goodpicture.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 423
  • reverseview.webp
    reverseview.webp
    456.4 KB · Views: 217

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom