What's new

Help With Hallmarks Please (UK)

woodenman

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jul 25, 2011
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Hello.

My mother bought this ring today from a thrift shop and wanted to know a little more about it. I had a look at some hallmark sites but I couldn't see any matches. I assume the 18 is 18ct but I don't know what the others mean. Any help would be extremely welcome. Thankyou.
 

Attachments

  • Ring.webp
    Ring.webp
    60.9 KB · Views: 253
:hello:

Well for a start it's not a British Hallmark :P might be Israeli :dontknow:

SS
 
Upvote 0
woodenman said:
Israeli.. seriously?
No scratch that, not Israeli...but I will keep trying :icon_thumleft: Welcome to Treasure Net by the way :icon_thumleft:

SS
 
Upvote 0
Well I just got an email from Gold Traders to tell me that the "R" means the ring was hallmarked in 1947. Now I just need to know what the symbol in the shield means.
 
Upvote 0
Let me just say that i never in my wildest dreams thought i'd ever be able to say "sorry Silver Searcher..but you're wrong!" but now i can. :headbang:

The shield with 3 sheaves of corn with a sword in the middle IS a British hallmark. It's the Assay office for Chester.

http://www.purelysilver.info/silver-hallmarks/hallmarks.php
(scroll down a bit)

Welcome to the site mate. :icon_thumright: :hello:
 
Upvote 0
Looks like Chester with year letter for 1942. and 18ct. John.
 
Upvote 0
Dano Sverige said:
Let me just say that i never in my wildest dreams thought i'd ever be able to say "sorry Silver Searcher..but you're wrong!" but now i can. :headbang:

The shield with 3 sheaves of corn with a sword in the middle IS a British hallmark. It's the Assay office for Chester.

http://www.purelysilver.info/silver-hallmarks/hallmarks.php
(scroll down a bit)

Welcome to the site mate. :icon_thumright: :hello:
:laughing9: :icon_thumleft:

Well Dano, it just goes to show that I'm only Human :laughing7:...nice ID :icon_thumleft:

SS
 
Upvote 0
Lol :laughing9: ...Thanks mate. :)
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom