What's new

help with Peruvian bowls.

unclemac

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2011
Messages
8,025
Reaction score
9,213
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have a pair of old bowls here...don't know much about them and would appreciate any help with identification, age, value etc.

I bought them from a friends grandparents estate. The story he told me was that in the early 1900's his grandfather worked in Peru designing and installing urban sewer systems and that these came from excavations pertaining to that work.

That is really the only info I have and sure would like to know ANYTHING else.
 

Attachments

  • DSC01422.webp
    DSC01422.webp
    21.3 KB · Views: 128
  • DSC01423.webp
    DSC01423.webp
    11.5 KB · Views: 145
  • DSC01425.webp
    DSC01425.webp
    16.3 KB · Views: 127
Upvote 0
They look like authentic Peruvian coastal material. Not worth a lot by auction standards, maybe $150 each on a good day, $50 on a bad day.
 
He is the only guy here with that kinda knowledge 8-)
 
Sweet, thanks....do you know where I can find out more about them?
 
book it done....the curators in Lima said it is from the Chancay culture (1200-1450 A.D.)and sure enough if you poke around on the internet with that as you guide you can find all sorts of examples.

thanks for your help.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom