What's new

Help with this buckle!

Johncoho

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2014
Messages
2,862
Reaction score
7,292
Golden Thread
0
Location
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone give me some idea of the age of this old buckle and what it may have been used for. I never found one like it before and have no idea about it. The quarter is for a size comparison. Thank you in advance. IMG_0005.webpIMG_0004.webp
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
It defiantly seems like what the person above said a buckle, from what I can find out it's very close to the "Cravat Buckle" check it out. Extremely close designs to yours, https://www.picclickimg.com/00/s/MTAyNFg3Nzk=/z/dIAAAOSwFMdaieAY/$/Rare-18Th-Century-Georgian-Antique-Stock-Cravat-Buckle-_1.jpg. Which is like he said 18th century. Try researching more about the "Cravat's"
 
Upvote 0
Stock buckle maybe?
 
Upvote 0
I dug one just like that I posted it on here and was told it was a buckle off the back of a vest 1800s
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom