Hi Im from Central Illinois

Rockin Chairs Gold

Dec 18, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Pro Coil, SunRay X 5.5, S.E.F. 6x8, Excalibur II
Hi I'm from Central Illinois

Hi I live in central Illinois just south of Springfield. I am 64 years old and have been in this hobby since I was 22. Found my share of goodies in those 42 years, but have enjoyed the time spent with my hunting partners most of all.

I spend most of my hunting time with my 42 year old son these days. Got him into this hobby when he was 16. We have a little competition going but it's all in fun. I'm a lot slower these days so he usually out hunts me, but for me it's not what you find it's who you get to share it with.
I hope you all get to enjoy those you hunt with as much as I have.

I am presently hunting with a MineLab E-Trac I purchased back in September. Seem's to be a great machine and it really gets the goodies out of those trashy areas. I think it will probably be my last metal detector. Right now I see no reason to go looking for a different one.

Looking forward to reading your posts. I've learned a great deal from reading about other hobbyist's and seeing what they find. That's where the fun is
Rick Meadows "Rock in Chairs Gold"

Joe Hoo?

Feb 13, 2009
Southern and Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo St, Compadre
Re: Hi I'm from Central Illinois

Rockin Chairs Gold said:
Hi I live in central Illinois just south of Springfield. I am 64 years old and have been in this hobby since I was 22. Found my share of goodies in those 42 years, but have enjoyed the time spent with my hunting partners most of all.

I spend most of my hunting time with my 42 year old son these days. Got him into this hobby when he was 16. We have a little competition going but it's all in fun. I'm a lot slower these days so he usually out hunts me, but for me it's not what you find it's who you get to share it with.
I hope you all get to enjoy those you hunt with as much as I have.

I am presently hunting with a MineLab E-Trac I purchased back in September. Seem's to be a great machine and it really gets the goodies out of those trashy areas. I think it will probably be my last metal detector. Right now I see no reason to go looking for a different one.

Looking forward to reading your posts. I've learned a great deal from reading about other hobbyist's and seeing what they find. That's where the fun is
Rick Meadows "Rock in Chairs Gold"

WELCOME TO T NET i am also in central illinois please go to the illinois forum as well and let yourself be known... happy hunting! Joe Hoo

marinedad

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2009
pisgah forest, n.c.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
minelab e-trac and equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

welcome r c g. there are others in central il. like joe hoo said go to the il. forum too.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

MG_127.gif