What's new

Hickories park

NGE

Silver Member
Joined
May 27, 2008
Messages
3,511
Reaction score
135
Golden Thread
0
Location
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Is metal detecting allowed in this park in Tioga County ( Hickories park) I am going to be in this area within the next couple weeks, And I need to know. This is in upstate N.Y. Owego I believe?..........Not GE
 
Hello, I live like 5 minutes from hickories park actually. And yes it is in Owego. I havent tried hunting there myself so i do not know the rules.....but you can call the town or the court house and find out. If you want I can get you the number. I live in the next county over and i had to get a permit to detect the parks in the area, so i figure the same is for tioga.
 
My friend is from that area and he says that all the people in that town are either A.H.'s or S.O.B.'s ::). So he doesn't believe we could get permission, just because of that. :tongue3: But we have other places that he knows about and some nicer people who are family and have reasonably old properties. We do have places to hunt, we just figured that as long as we were upstate, we'd see if anyone had a hunted out spot or two that we could whet our appetites........Not GE
 
Never ask in public spaces or your very likely to get a big fat "NO" Just go for it, and appologize and retreat if the police or other authority figure raises a fuss. Even when a permit is required this policy has always worked for me, and I've never been ticketed or arrested or had my MD confiscated.
 
Sounds like a plan......... that was my friend's plan also, but I told him, I'd rather go to jail in my own state, if need be ;D
 
Hi, this is coin finder , I say if it is (not Posted) I think it's OK maybe . Look for any sign's
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom