What's new

High Pressure Water Blast????

  • Thread starter Thread starter stefen
  • Start date Start date
S

stefen

Guest
I would assume that high pressure washers would be a good method of cleaning many finds. Its a matter of using the correct pressure adjustments.
 
D.H. said:
This is one major reason I went to using lye bath. Lye eats the corrosion but it also leaves a residue that can be polished and looks a lot better than a nasty empty pit.

Do you think there's enough lye in spray oven cleaner to do the job?
 
I have been in the power wash industry 20 years.
pressure washing uses impact energy to dislodge a contaminant, assuming you could hold the coin still you would only remove caked on dirt, maybe some corrosion- the impact could cause the corrosion to become a whole. also pressure alone will not brighten the coin, you would need some form of cleanser, which would vary depending on the type of metal you are cleaning. most chemical cleanser are harsh and would not be recommended for a show piece coin
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom