J jailbirdjackson Jr. Member Joined May 5, 2016 Messages 50 Reaction score 150 Golden Thread 0 Location Chicago, IL Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Feb 29, 2020 #1 I found this buffalo nickel with number "19" carved into it with a cool design. I'm sorry the pics aren't better. Attachments 20200229_221155.webp 193.9 KB · Views: 150 20200229_221121.webp 254.4 KB · Views: 144 20200229_221209.webp 239.3 KB · Views: 134 Upvote 0
I found this buffalo nickel with number "19" carved into it with a cool design. I'm sorry the pics aren't better.
BigWaveDave Gold Member Joined Nov 22, 2013 Messages 9,947 Reaction score 19,963 Golden Thread 3 Location Mountain Maryland 🥇 Banner finds 2 Detector(s) used Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab Equinox 800 Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Feb 29, 2020 #2 Very cool Hobo?... kind of a generous description, I’d say counterstamped.... But like I said, cool find
Very cool Hobo?... kind of a generous description, I’d say counterstamped.... But like I said, cool find
J jailbirdjackson Jr. Member Joined May 5, 2016 Messages 50 Reaction score 150 Golden Thread 0 Location Chicago, IL Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Feb 29, 2020 Thread Owner #3 You're right, I didn't know what to call it. Thanks.
I Immy Silver Member Joined Mar 12, 2005 Messages 2,999 Reaction score 874 Golden Thread 0 Location Vegas Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Feb 29, 2020 #4 Looks like the Firestone logo on the reverse.
R Rosco53 Hero Member Joined Mar 17, 2018 Messages 720 Reaction score 1,749 Golden Thread 0 Location Bryant, WI Detector(s) used Tracker IV (hobby lobby 40% off ;-) ) Primary Interest: Other Mar 1, 2020 #5 Regardless of what you call it (hobo, stamped), always fun to find a Buff!
A2coins Ruby Member Joined Dec 20, 2015 Messages 33,867 Reaction score 42,646 Golden Thread 0 Location Ann Arbor Detector(s) used Equinox 800 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Mar 1, 2020 #6 Interesting for sure cool find you got there
A Argentium Gold Member Joined Feb 2, 2008 Messages 9,079 Reaction score 5,580 Golden Thread 0 Location Santa Fe, New Mexico Detector(s) used Whites, MXT. Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Mar 3, 2020 #7 I was so hoping that someone would be showing a first generation "Hobo Nickel " ! Nice counterstamped nickel .
I was so hoping that someone would be showing a first generation "Hobo Nickel " ! Nice counterstamped nickel .