What's new

Home made detector have u built one

metal mania

Hero Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2009
Messages
576
Reaction score
50
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have u built your own detector and what results did you get.
 
i ordered the relco detector as a kit. way back in 1966. i was 5 yrs old. my dad helped me do the soldering. the electronics were in a cheap plastic box mounted directly on top of the coil which had a fibreboard bottom. u had to carry a transistor radio w you tuned to a certain freq. BFO BABY...

THING BARELY WORKED BUT IT DID. my first hunt i found..remnants of old shoe w nails...a horseshoe....parts to an old sewing machine.


HOOKED AN NEVER LOOKED BACK
 
Mine was a "Rat Shack" kit, my Dad, and I put together....Would detect a car at 2 inches, but man did I ever dream.Same as above, been hooked ever since.......This was 1970, or 71, I think......LOL.......
 
Was that the one with the printed circit coil?? Mine was a radio shack about 1973 or 4 I think.



gallileo60 said:
Mine was a "Rat Shack" kit, my Dad, and I put together....Would detect a car at 2 inches, but man did I ever dream.Same as above, been hooked ever since.......This was 1970, or 71, I think......LOL.......
 
lostcauses said:
Was that the one with the printed circit coil?? Mine was a radio shack about 1973 or 4 I think.



gallileo60 said:
Mine was a "Rat Shack" kit, my Dad, and I put together....Would detect a car at 2 inches, but man did I ever dream.Same as above, been hooked ever since.......This was 1970, or 71, I think......LOL.......




Yes that is the one....LOL..............
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom