What's new

Horse tack?

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
2,382
Reaction score
100
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
Could this be a button or horse tack? :icon_scratch:
 

Attachments

  • 005.webp
    005.webp
    22.7 KB · Views: 331
  • 006.webp
    006.webp
    16.7 KB · Views: 298
  • 007.webp
    007.webp
    19.2 KB · Views: 299
  • 008.webp
    008.webp
    19.9 KB · Views: 301
Woodland Detectors 4-H said:
It looks like a rivet to me.
And me......proberbly a roofing rivet :icon_thumleft:

SS
 
Upvote 0
Doesn't look like one to me. If the stub had a hole or threads, then I would say yes but from what I can see of your picture. I haven't seen anything like this on horse tack and I have owned horses along time. As far as a roofing rivet, looks to big and domed shaped for that. Could be a rivet that that use in steel boats though or anything metal. Thats my guess anyways. :wink:
 
Upvote 0
:read2:

:icon_thumleft:

SS
 

Attachments

  • imagesCA13JE4E.webp
    imagesCA13JE4E.webp
    3.4 KB · Views: 222
  • imagesCAM3EFVG.webp
    imagesCAM3EFVG.webp
    396 bytes · Views: 229
Upvote 0
It looks too well made and decorative to be a rivet ... I still think it is a part of a pull knob. I did a reconstruction of what I am guessing it is. Even though it isn't perfect, I think it gives the general idea.
 

Attachments

  • pullknob.webp
    pullknob.webp
    23.6 KB · Views: 211
Upvote 0
I found this at an old War of 1812 training post. :dontknow:
I have also found a lot of hinges and door hardware at this site, so pull knob could be possible.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom