What's new

How are the Pennies

Havnt searched them in a long time, but I may pic up some boxes tomorrow to try my luck
 
i got 1.....found it on the ground =P
 
I haven't searched cents or "pennies" in a long time. I use to, but now I can't imagine how I could bear it. For me, nickels are the way to go.
 
Picked up a '10d cent in change a couple of weeks ago. Might have been the earliest in a given year that I found a new year's coin.
 
I do a few boxes now & then, it seems that I average about 10 wheat's per box, mostly 40s & 50s.
I do find alot of 60s & 70s but nothing great yet.
 
Diver_Down said:
They will be much better when you learn that they are Cents. We don't have a "Penny".
Funny. It say's one cent on the coin,but if you get a box it read's on the outside $25 Pennies.It should read $25 in cents...interesting.
 
RIcoinhunter said:
Diver_Down said:
They will be much better when you learn that they are Cents. We don't have a "Penny".
Funny. It say's one cent on the coin,but if you get a box it read's on the outside $25 Pennies.It should read $25 in cents...interesting.
Next time you are at the bank ask for a box of cents. The tellers will look at you like your crazy. Sounds like nitpicking, but it is what it is. Those that are adamant in referring to the denomination as a penny are being disingenuous with our nation's history. Perhaps, if the British were successful in our fight for independence, then we would indeed have a penny.
 
Diver_Down said:
RIcoinhunter said:
Diver_Down said:
They will be much better when you learn that they are Cents. We don't have a "Penny".
Funny. It say's one cent on the coin,but if you get a box it read's on the outside $25 Pennies.It should read $25 in cents...interesting.
Next time you are at the bank ask for a box of cents. The tellers will look at you like your crazy. Sounds like nitpicking, but it is what it is. Those that are adamant in referring to the denomination as a penny are being disingenuous with our nation's history. Perhaps, if the British were successful in our fight for independence, then we would indeed have a penny.

We can thank the mint for settling this dilema once and for all; they now produce "Zincolns." :laughing7:

Scott
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom