DrGrip
Sr. Member
- Joined
- Apr 12, 2009
- Messages
- 491
- Reaction score
- 8
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- North, Texas
- Detector(s) used
- White's XLT & Quick Draw II
- #1
Thread Owner
I found a James Avery silver ring and the pattern looks to have been retired. I sent them a nice e-mail with a picture of the ring asking when it was first made and when it was retired.
The reply I got back was that they want to charge me for the "research labor"!
I doubt I'll pay them for the "research" and I definitely WON'T buy their product now, i'll just find it in the sand and toss it in the treasure box. C'mon, how long could it really take?
Here's the e-mail reply I received.
Thank you for contacting us for information and identification of your jewelry. Due to the high volume of requests from customers to identify discontinued designs, and the labor to research this information in our archives, it has become necessary to charge a research fee for this service. Our fee to research discontinued James Avery jewelry is $12.00 per item, plus any applicable tax, and includes the following:
Name of Item
Meaning or symbolism when applicable
Designer
Year Released
Last Current Price with Date
If you are interested in submitting your request for research and authentication, please email us photo copies of the item(s) with a front and back view that includes our trademark logo. Upon receipt of the photos we will advise you if we are able to identify, and get your approval to proceed with your request.
Sincerely,
Maria Jefferson
Customer Service
Great customer service IMO!!!
Grip
The reply I got back was that they want to charge me for the "research labor"!
I doubt I'll pay them for the "research" and I definitely WON'T buy their product now, i'll just find it in the sand and toss it in the treasure box. C'mon, how long could it really take?
Here's the e-mail reply I received.
Thank you for contacting us for information and identification of your jewelry. Due to the high volume of requests from customers to identify discontinued designs, and the labor to research this information in our archives, it has become necessary to charge a research fee for this service. Our fee to research discontinued James Avery jewelry is $12.00 per item, plus any applicable tax, and includes the following:
Name of Item
Meaning or symbolism when applicable
Designer
Year Released
Last Current Price with Date
If you are interested in submitting your request for research and authentication, please email us photo copies of the item(s) with a front and back view that includes our trademark logo. Upon receipt of the photos we will advise you if we are able to identify, and get your approval to proceed with your request.
Sincerely,
Maria Jefferson
Customer Service
Great customer service IMO!!!
Grip

There are very few companies that give good competant customer service anymore!
I must say, when I called into Whites the other day that I got an actual voice ( human being ) on the phone who personally helped me solve a problem without being transferred and put on hold. Nor did I have to speak to 3 different people! I will stick with Whites like glue as long as they keep this great long lost customer service up!
Someone here will probably tell you in no time...







