What's new

How long until you stash your silver away?

  • Thread starter Thread starter el_gral
  • Start date Start date
E

el_gral

Guest
Hey everyone!

As I sit here day after day watching and admiring my little pile of silver halves get bigger and bigger with each find I come to ask myself this. How many of you store, pack, hoard & stash your silver away not to see the light of day in a long time immediately after finishing up your boxes or coin roll hunting?

How many of you let it sit on your table or desk for a few hours to admire it, smell it (LOL), feel it and relish in the joys of discovery before putting them away?

How may let it sit there for days, weeks or even months? What do you do with the silver during this time? Do you take pictures, catalog your finds, or organize it in neat piles according to date?

Personally, I mildly rinse/wash my halves with warm water to release some of the bad smell than let the piles just sit on my desk for weeks and just admire them all the time, if im watching a movie, waiting for something or just plain old "chillin" I will grab a pile and let them run through my hands listening to the unmistakable sound of silver ringing in the air.

Ultimately when looking at my halves it still boggles my mind completely to think that 39 years after the last 40% was minted, these wonderful coins are still to be found!!!

Post your thoughts or habits if you so wish!!!

GREAT HUNTING EVERYONE! MAY YOU FIND MORE AND MORE SILVER!
 
Upvote 0
I'm in the back yard with a shovel and lantern bout midnight every night. HH Mark
 
Once it is stashed I never see it again. Coins that I got as a kid or metal detecting I have not seen in nearly 30 years.
 
I put them in the safe almost immediately after I clean up the wrappers and grime from my desk.

-Codes
 
Silver Stripe said:
I'm in the back yard with a shovel and lantern bout midnight every night. HH Mark

I use my neighbors back yard he has 5 acres 2 of which is fully wooded, about once or twice month on average depending on whether find another dream box or not.
 
8 R€­Å£€Š™ said:
Hey everyone!

As I sit here day after day watching and admiring my little pile of silver halves get bigger and bigger with each find I come to ask myself this. How many of you store, pack, hoard & stash your silver away not to see the light of day in a long time immediately after finishing up your boxes or coin roll hunting?

How many of you let it sit on your table or desk for a few hours to admire it, smell it (LOL), feel it and relish in the joys of discovery before putting them away?

How may let it sit there for days, weeks or even months? What do you do with the silver during this time? Do you take pictures, catalog your finds, or organize it in neat piles according to date?

Personally, I mildly rinse/wash my halves with warm water to release some of the bad smell than let the piles just sit on my desk for weeks and just admire them all the time, if im watching a movie, waiting for something or just plain old "chillin" I will grab a pile and let them run through my hands listening to the unmistakable sound of silver ringing in the air.

Ultimately when looking at my halves it still boggles my mind completely to think that 39 years after the last 40% was minted, these wonderful coins are still to be found!!!

Post your thoughts or habits if you so wish!!!

GREAT HUNTING EVERYONE! MAY YOU FIND MORE AND MORE SILVER!



After that description, I think I need a cigarette.
 
Silver Stripe said:
I'm in the back yard with a shovel and lantern bout midnight every night. HH Mark
Uhhhh, Hello?!? People can see you with a lantern. You are supposed to have an infrared spotlight and night vision goggles. duh
 
I use my neighbors back yard he has 5 acres 2 of which is fully wooded, about once or twice month on average depending on whether find another dream box or not.
[/quote]

Obediah;
If you are serious, you might want to reconsider your method. If something were to happen to you, or to your relationship with your neighbor, you (or your heirs) could conceivably have much difficulty legally retreiving your stash.
These are the main ingredients of buried treasure stories since time immemorial.
- Grizz
 
8 R€­Å£€Š™ said:
How many of you let it sit on your table or desk for a few hours to admire it, smell it (LOL), feel it and relish in the joys of discovery before putting them away?

??? :o

And I thought I needed CRHer 12 step.

Jim
 
I wish i could put it away......unfortunatly selling what i find is the only way im staying afloat....lol :'(
 
interesting, If I stashed mine away how then could I put my leopard speedo on and roll around in my hot tub full of silver. How I ask???

Golden Silver
 
Cherryman, I think you and maybe CCrazed would be the only ones interested. Just joking guys. LOL. Maybe I could have my wife fill in.

Golden Silver
 
All of my silver will be seeing the light of the smelters fire very soon

Mojo
 
AS soon as I can complete a roll

DW
 
All in good fun Cherryman. You left yourself open so I had to go in for the jab. But ofcourse I am joking

Golden Silver
 
I put my leopard speedo on and roll around in my hot tub full of silver.
thanks GS.....i just stuck a pencil in my minds eye

usually they sit on my nite stand until i post, then i look to see if i can fill a roll with same dates, if i can't then they go in a Crown Royal bag with the others. when i do get a full roll together then they go into storage. usually this is when i pull everything out and look and see what i accumulated....it's amazing what you forget you have unless you check from time to time. especially now that i'm getting older and forget things. sometimes its not a bad thing.....i get excited all over again as if i just found it. ;D
reminds me of a joke
doctor says to patient " i have some bad news for you....you have cancer. we found that you have alzhiemer's disease also"
patient says "man that sucks, but at least i don't have cancer"
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom