DanFL1962
Full Member
- Joined
- Jan 8, 2010
- Messages
- 176
- Reaction score
- 16
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Detector(s) used
- AT-Pro & BHID
- Primary Interest:
- Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
For you water hunters, how often do you give up on a target? Given the rough surf, and sometimes very loose sand, this past week I probably abandoned 25% of my targets in waist deep water. Just can't get them into the scoop. The holes fill in almost as fast as I dig.
I am confident with my pinpointing as 90% of the time when in wet sand I'm right on the mark.
Just curious if this is typical? How many water targets get away from you?
Dan
I am confident with my pinpointing as 90% of the time when in wet sand I'm right on the mark.
Just curious if this is typical? How many water targets get away from you?
Dan
Upvote
0
The technique I use is find the strongest signal after several passes, stop the coil. Take my foot and put my toe up against the back of the coil, next move coil out of the way, slide my foot back approximately 2 inches. Then take my scoop front edge in front of my toe and then work my sand scoop into the sand (I have to stomp
on my scoop to get it to penetrate the sand matrix) until the scoop basket is buried. Then pull it up to recover my target. As you can see from my avatar the size of Scoozilla, it is a monster scoop. I don't miss to many times on my first first attempt to recover a target. If I do and it's deep with my scoop it will not get away, as it moves a ton of material.








