je177
Full Member
- Joined
- Dec 27, 2006
- Messages
- 166
- Reaction score
- 131
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Southeastern MA
- Detector(s) used
- DFX 300. Ace250
- #1
Thread Owner
Hi all,
I am a little new to detecting (about 2 years). I am armed with DFX 300. I usually detect in southeastern MA. I was wondering how often people find cobs in this area or close by. I would love to find one. I'm not sure where to start. I realize that I am at a disadvantage because the DFX can't be submerged but I'm sure cobs are found on dry land an shore occasionally. I would like to hear from anyone with an opinion on this. Thanks in advance.
J
I am a little new to detecting (about 2 years). I am armed with DFX 300. I usually detect in southeastern MA. I was wondering how often people find cobs in this area or close by. I would love to find one. I'm not sure where to start. I realize that I am at a disadvantage because the DFX can't be submerged but I'm sure cobs are found on dry land an shore occasionally. I would like to hear from anyone with an opinion on this. Thanks in advance.
J
Mine were found above the low tide line for the most part...one knee deep....one was at the base of a cut dune....all were found after big Nor'Easters!! Look for signs....ship timbers,bronze,brass,copper ship spikes.....after and during storms get out there hunt ! hunt ! hunt ! Try spots where others have found them...if they will tell you







