What's new

How to clean hammered coppers

Hookka

Full Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2013
Messages
112
Reaction score
106
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett AT GOLD, Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Sandshark, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys and gals, I've got several dozen hammered coppers and silvers that I've found over here in the desert. Many were found in beach sand or heavily salted sand. They have very thick Patinas and corrosion on them I've soaked most of them in olive oil for a while but I don't think it's going to do the trick . You can see detail on some of them but the coins are for the most part undocumented or poorly documented from this region (don't confuse that for meaning they are that rare :p) I'd really like to lift some detail out of them without using vinegar and am at a loss now. Thanks everyone HH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom