What's new

Hungarian art from community sale

artslinger

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2015
Messages
620
Reaction score
1,411
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I scored this piece at my second community sale of the day! I bought them from a Hungarian gentleman who had inherited them, but he said that they were not his style. I bought two oils and a watercolor. They are all by different artists, but the theme is very similar. This is an oil on board with a label on the back. I cannot decipher the artist name. Does anybody here know how to read Hungarian? I would sincerely appreciate your help. Thank you very much!

K1.webpK2.webpK3.webpK4.webpK5.webpK6.webp


Note: I just found some of his paintings online, his name is Koch Vilmos! Hawaii, here I come! :-)

RJA
 
Last edited:
What did you find out? Interesting paintings.
 
What did you find out? Interesting paintings.

Hi Kingskid1611, not much so far! I found other works, but nothing too revealing. He is definitely Hungarian, and has passed away, he was b. 1927, and d. 2006. Thank you for the feedback! :-)

RJA
 
I found two auction results since 1987 with estimates of €300-€500 (euros) but went unsold.
 
Cool mid century modern painting.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom