What's new

Hunt on the weekend yields a near shutout, but a little history.

WildWildBill

Banned
Joined
Jan 1, 2015
Messages
474
Reaction score
630
Golden Thread
2
Location
Orange Park, Fl
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 950/White's Bullseye pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy T-netters! A hidden park in the boonies yielded three WWII era 30-6 casings, what I believe to be a copper penny that lost thickness and circumference, a zinc, a clad, and a blade hacked copper. Was also going to check out a site where a fort was burned down between 1690 and 1703. A dirt road leading there and decided not to take the car. A task for the old truck next Sunday. Enjoy the pics! HH!
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    15.2 KB · Views: 131
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    20.6 KB · Views: 118
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    10.1 KB · Views: 115
Upvote 10
Sounds like you have a fine hunt at a really old site lined up for next weekend. Best of luck:thumbsup:
 
I have purchased some nice finds from early fort sites. Good luck, WildWildBill!
 
Sounds like you have a fine hunt at a really old site lined up for next weekend. Best of luck:thumbsup:[/QUOTE

It is near the river, and since it the fort was so long ago the lay of the land has changed a lot, not to mention what has been covered by the river. If I had diving equipment I"d probably have a field day there. I just have absolutely no idea what it will look like there, or if it's already been hunted out. I'm willing to take my chances!
 
Congrats on your finds and good luck on the old fort hunt - anyway thank you for posting & sharing your pictures and story & I wish you many more great finds while out dirt fishin.

Texas ED
 
Congrats on your finds, and good luck on your next visit.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom