What's new

Hunted Out Park..........Not!

Silversmith

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2015
Messages
54
Reaction score
133
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Minelab Go-Find 20
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher 1266-XB
Garrett Treasure Ace 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a few hours to kill mid afternoon today and decided to grab my new Etrac and go back to the old park my other detecting friends choose not to go to because of all the pop tabs. I like it. Its produced a lot of coins over the last two years.

The day started off on point. Twenty minutes in and about 100 feet from my parking spot, I got a 12-45 on the etrac and it rang clear in my ears. Crossed my fingers and dug a 1960 Roosevelt Dime.

Stoked, I started combing the park in all the trashy areas. Areas I normally avoid with my AT Pro because of all the pop tabs. Well, the etrac did it a second time today. From amidst the waves of pop tab signals I got another 12-45. With steady hands and lots of anticipation I dug a 1954-D Roosevelt Dime.

Needless to say, I was pumped.

Thats my 5th trip out with the etrac. The first 3 trips scored silver. The fourth trip was less than an hour with no results. The fifth trip made up for the fourth trip. Cant wait till the next time.

Love my Etrac! Live my AT Pro! But my Etrac is killing it in the hunted out park.

Thanks for looking. Happy Hunting!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1463021964.772154.webp
 
Upvote 18
Great job kind of like starting all over with the new etrac. I have an AT PRO and want an ETRAC do you see a good enough improvement to justify switching. just curious. and yes I don't believe a park is ever totally hunted out. Good Job keep it up!!!!!
 
Congrats on your silver dimes and thanks for sharing the info & your pictures with all of us. Wish you many more great finds while out dirt fishing.

Texas ED
 
E-Trac is a good detector and will out hunt most others. Nice going with your finds in a "hunted out" park.
 
You know what they say about hunted out parks. ( They really arent hunted out ) ! Nice silvers
 
Congratz on Silver!
 
Great job kind of like starting all over with the new etrac. I have an AT PRO and want an ETRAC do you see a good enough improvement to justify switching. just curious. and yes I don't believe a park is ever totally hunted out. Good Job keep it up!!!!!

I made that switch a few years ago, and without a doubt the etrac is a much better machine. Better depth, better target id, and a silver magnet! Not as good at finding gold, and not waterproof though.
 
Last edited:
I got a etrac in January and my silver has doubled , find deep silver where other detectors can't find even my T2. Yea the etrac is a killer machine
 
You gotta just love those hunted out parks, for some reason their always seems to be one or two coins still sleeping in them and you woke them up. Good job!
 
I still have my AT PRO. Purchased it in 2012. My silver coin count with the PRO, in 2012 & 2013 was 25 silvers each year. In 2014, I purchased the Etrac. That same year, my silver coin count jumped to 81.
Last year, 2015, using the Etrac, my silver coin count went up to 158. Do the math.
I call my Etrac, "The Monster "
 
Last edited:
Thanks everyone!

You can ask Captain Caveman, I own an AT Pro and was/are a die hard Garrett fan. You couldn't tell me anything because my pro was a silver magnet.

Then I got the Etrac and my silver count has doubled. "The Monster" fits. Found two more silvers today.

If its in there, the Etrac will find it.
 
Good job with the etrac, I upgraded to the etrac from atpro also, both are awesome machines, but man I love that etrac!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom