Land-Sea
Jr. Member
- Joined
- Jan 27, 2006
- Messages
- 54
- Reaction score
- 5
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- High Desert of California
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
Hi All,
I have a hypothetical question that needs just a guestimate if anyone can help. I have a chance to buy about 89 8 Reales from the 1780-90's. Before I buy I would like to get an idea on what I can expect to pay to have them conserved. I have never slabbed or sent any coins anywhere for grading or conservation. I looked on line and found NCS. But I am not sure if that is my best deal or not. I realize that you cannot see the condition, but lets just say middle of the road. Should I be looking at $3-5.00 a coin or lots more? They are shipwreck coins but no attribution yet.
Thanks
I have a hypothetical question that needs just a guestimate if anyone can help. I have a chance to buy about 89 8 Reales from the 1780-90's. Before I buy I would like to get an idea on what I can expect to pay to have them conserved. I have never slabbed or sent any coins anywhere for grading or conservation. I looked on line and found NCS. But I am not sure if that is my best deal or not. I realize that you cannot see the condition, but lets just say middle of the road. Should I be looking at $3-5.00 a coin or lots more? They are shipwreck coins but no attribution yet.
Thanks








