What's new

I.D help

Hellbilly

Full Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2024
Messages
206
Reaction score
1,001
Golden Thread
0
Been trying to decide whether this is a Stanfield or Cobbs. Found in North Central Fla. Its 6" long. Im leaning towards Stanfield but like to see others opinions.
 

Attachments

  • Lerma.webp
    Lerma.webp
    124 KB · Views: 94
Upvote 0
Been trying to decide whether this is a Stanfield or Cobbs. Found in North Central Fla. Its 6" long. Im leaning towards Stanfield but like to see others opinions.
That’s a blade?
 
I’d call that a Stanfield. Rounded base. Cobbs has more of a triangular shape with a straighter base. Imagine putting corner notches in a Stanfield and a Cobbs. The Stanfield would immediately look like a dovetail. The Cobbs wouldn’t.
 
That is a nice blade no matter which. It can be tough to tell those 2 types apart at times. I agree with Toddspoint that there are more Stanfield points with rounded bases.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom