What's new

I found "007" now I hope someone can help Me Id him ****MYESTRY SOLVED*** update

FCCDFEd

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2007
Messages
857
Reaction score
567
Golden Thread
0
Location
Terra Bella, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX, IDXPro, MXT, Lobo St., At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found "007" now I hope someone can help Me Id him ****MYESTRY SOLVED*** update

Was out in a local park MDing the other day and hit this nice 70ish signal and dug it. I was surprised to dig this bird band or at least I think it's a bird band. Tried looking it up on the Ducks Unlimited site which route me to a federal, link but I was unable to find a matching example. It is almost 5/8" wide and weights 5 grams and if stretched out it would measure about 3". This particular park has a big population of Canadian geese and various type ducks. Most are probably local residents (not flying south for the winter). On the band itself in is stamped "Ducks Unlimited Inc" "Big Sky Carvers" "007"
Would appreciate any info some might have. Thanks in advance for looking and assisting.
Emailed DU and they forwarded to "Wetlands, Waterfowl and Conservation" and this is the response I got from them:


*******UPDATE******
"The band was from a former auction item at DU banquets. It was Big Sky Carvers full body carving of a Canada goose. Each one had a goose band on a leg. Someone must have removed the band and discarded or lost?"

Mystery solved thanks for all the responses, and views.

FCCdfEd
 

Attachments

  • DSC04285.webp
    DSC04285.webp
    22.2 KB · Views: 424
  • DSC04286.webp
    DSC04286.webp
    31.1 KB · Views: 435
  • DSC04287.webp
    DSC04287.webp
    56 KB · Views: 417
  • DSC04288.webp
    DSC04288.webp
    56.7 KB · Views: 425
  • DSC04289.webp
    DSC04289.webp
    59.8 KB · Views: 422
  • DSC04285.webp
    DSC04285.webp
    22.2 KB · Views: 421
  • DSC04286.webp
    DSC04286.webp
    31.1 KB · Views: 413
  • DSC04287.webp
    DSC04287.webp
    56 KB · Views: 407
  • DSC04288.webp
    DSC04288.webp
    56.7 KB · Views: 408
  • DSC04289.webp
    DSC04289.webp
    59.8 KB · Views: 405
Upvote 0
Re: I found "007" now I hope someone can help Me Id him

It is most likely a Commemorative Band.

Big Sky Carvers is an Outdoor Home Furnishings company that supplies Outdoor themed collectibles, carvings and stuff like that. The low number on the band is also unusual. I think it is just a replica band. I attended DU banquets and such and they often hand similar ones off as door prizes and raffle pieces.

Baldingboy
 

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom