What's new

I found something cool

Shorewalker

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2017
Messages
446
Reaction score
959
Golden Thread
1
Location
Virginia & Collier Cty FL
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well, for me it's pretty cool as I've never come across one. These fossilized clams were laying out amongst the rocks, shells, and sharks teeth. I've found a clam mold but never a fossil clam. I found one and then looked around and found several more - all in the same area. I went back the other day and saw a few more but still within a 10 or 20 foot radius. I've read they are pretty common but I am very happy to have some.

az7.webp

az8.webp
 
Very nice find! They must be eroding out of an embankment possibly?
 
Very nice find! They must be eroding out of an embankment possibly?

Yes, and several seemed to come out together. We've had a lot of heavy rain the past months. I think it will be interesting down there once all the clay/mud gets washed off. I haven't come across one before and they are pretty neat. Makes a good paperweight. It's 4.5inches across.
 
Cool! :icon_thumleft: That is an amazing specimen.
 
Congratualtions! :icon_thumleft:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom