I found this piece of metal at home and...

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
... have found like pieces at a location nine (9) miles away. I forgot to take pictures of the other pieces but, I will be going back out tomorrow and I will get them.

EDIT: All pieces are of different weights, some light (as is this one), some heavy and, some are in a tighter formation. None of the pieces are longer than the width of a U.S. Quarter.

Until then, here is the one I found at my location;
What is it_03_27_2020_0001.JPG

Thanks for looking.
-DH-

Last edited:

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bullet fragment?

chub

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Diggin' History

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are the other pieces that were found nine (9) miles from the other find.

We found six of these before we moved off the area we were hunting. Three (3) of these pieces were found in a driveway and the other three (3) were scattered along the creek we have been walking.

Here is the picture:
UnknownMetalPieces.jpg

It looks like aluminum to me but, a friend of mine looked them up and suggested that it might be a raw form of Zinc (I'm not seeing it).

Thanks for looking.
-DH-

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Diggin' History

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bullet fragment?

chub

It very well could be but, we do not have enough information about the history of this property to make that determination. However, I know the former owners and I can tell you they were not gun people - they did purchase the land and build the home that is there now.

There is an old logging road running along the creek about 25 yards uphill from the creek. We have been walking the road as well but, are not finding anything that would clue us in on the metal, its age, or the age of the property. Due to the current situation in our area, we will not be able to run down any history anytime soon.
-DH-

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread