What's new

I gotta get out!!

Swartzie

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2009
Messages
791
Reaction score
52
Golden Thread
0
Location
Tuscarawas County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's been a few weeks since I've been out in the woods. Even for a hike. Stuff going on around the house and crappy weather. But, now I think I finally have a chance to get out. There may be 4-5 inches of crusty snow on the ground but I'll be taking the detector with me. Think I'll look for iron patches near a cellar hole I started working in December. No digging required to do that. It will give me a better lay out of the land if I can find where the other structures were located at and give me a better game plan for hunting the property come Spring. Not really expecting to do any digging, but that can change. I'm sure the ground in the woods has softened a bit with the temps going above freezing lately. Even if I do get a good signal and can't get through the ground I can still mark it with my gps I guess.

-Swartzie
 
Yeah, there's plenty you can do even on frozen soil.
I found a box of colored golf tees at a garage sale for
$1, and I use them to mark places to dig at a later date.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom