What's new

I have narrowed it down to 2

Chip W

Greenie
Joined
Mar 8, 2012
Messages
13
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 305
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok im in the market for a new detector. I currently have a Bounty hunter. I have had it for a year now. I bought it because it wasnt expensive and I didnt know it I would like detecting. Now my 8yo son want to detect with me so he is getting the BH. We like to hunt old farms her in WV for coins and relics. There is alot of minerals here so the ground balance is important. I have narrowed it down to the Fisher F2 or Minelab Xterra 305. Any one care to give me there opinions on these two.

Thanks,
 
If you will go to the index, and look for
the section titled " Brands " , you can
compare the two you have chosen by
reading about them in those sections. You
should find the info. you seek there. Good Luck !
( I like the Fisher, but I too am a rookie )

:notworthy:
 
I thought I saw a used MXT for sale in the forum and know the MXT works well with heavy mineralized grounds, I know a guy who goes to the UK and thats the only MD he takes.
 
Chip, I have used both and I honestly liked the F2 better. It was light weight, had a nice TID and decent recovery speed. I felt it beat the 305 at all of these.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom