I helped a little

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
last June a production co. Called me and wanted me to teach an actor about gold panning for an upcoming series.

When i found out who and what the production was i got pretty excited.

signed an NDA so i haven't mentioned it.

drove out to Petaluma and near Bodega bay to work with Tom Waits for his upcoming role in the Ballad of Buster Scruggs.

His short is based on a story by Jack London

All Gold canyon All Gold Canyon by Jack London

It's a great Story if you are a prospector.

A very good description of loaming.

The character is looking for "Mr. Pocket"

The propmaster mailed me a couple old style pans and some "paydirt" to take wiyh me when I met up with tom.

The paydirt was from a Colorado hardrock mine...so, it was totally barren of gold :laughing7:

Luckily i brought some good cons with me and some chunks of "Mr .Pocket" to show Tom why his character had the fever.

Went over some facts and leends with him Had a great time. he was a cool guy as i knew he would be. i've been a fan for years.

I took "Mr. Pocket" with me and left him with the paydirt and about half a gram of placer and the cons to practice with.

I drove to Bodega Bay camped caught my limit of crab off the jetty the next morning and went home.

can't wait to watch the series. it is getting a lot of praise.

they teased me that i may fly out to Colorado for filming but, it didn't "pan out"

Upvote 0

mendoAu

Apr 23, 2014
SW Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good movie GW . High-larious with a touch a dark . I liked it , thanks for the tip on it . :headbang:

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good movie GW . High-larious with a touch a dark . I liked it , thanks for the tip on it . :headbang:

The "humor" was perfect, wasn't it?!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread