I just dont know what it is

rockbuster

Greenie
Sep 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Eureka Gold
I just don't know what it is

Here is a link to one of my finds from the Motherlode. I appears to be a fish or some other aquatic animal. It has holes from the head through the tail, but in odd positions. It must have been part of something. It is metal, heavy, but not magnetic. Also a ring that says High Priestess (Silver) and a small rock that resembles a bear. Looks like it was hand carved. Enjoy, and please feel free to leave comments.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/yyur12/album?.dir=/89e3re2&.src=ph&.tok=phZb0hFBx6MF9rja

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Re: I just don't know what it is

Cool finds and nice nuggets. That fish almost looks like it could be part of a gear for something....

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

rockbuster

Greenie
Sep 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Eureka Gold

It is hard to tell from the pics, but it has scales and a face on one side. I added a few new shots of it. I placed wooden sticks in the holes to show the pattern. Really beats me as to what it is or was.

Upvote 0

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

Now that you have inserted the sticks, that with the right size sticks you could use them as chopsticks. Maybe it's just that simple?

Attachments

• 7f_1[1].jpg
    7f_1[1].jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 288
Upvote 0

eathan

May 19, 2006
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V-SAT, ACE 250, Lobo SuperTRAQ

Montana Jim, the chopstick holder in your pic is flexible plastic (squeeze the sticks to open, release to close). I'm not sure the metal fish would work like that, but maybe it is something simple like you suggest. Could be the chords of a bolo tie went through the holes, could be a button, part of some spurs or a belt buckle, etc.

Rockbuster, nice to see your post. :)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

rockbuster

Greenie
Sep 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Eureka Gold

Three of the nuggets are from the Motherlode, and two are from eBay prospecting. Motherlode is all I can disclose at this time, sorry.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread