What's new

I know it a holiday but - 3 strikes - so I hit the road!

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2008
Messages
1,415
Reaction score
412
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
I kinda expected a few problems with getting halves delivered on a holiday week but three orders in a row F*&$#@# up...urgh. Yup, went to my 1st source for a pick up - nada, sorry don't know what happened. Next stop, the vault teller who was demoted quit and you can guess the rest...3rd stop I thought the vault teller was gonna cry she was more upset than me! I was consoling her and telling her it's ok, not the end of the world, i understand (I was kinda laughing at my state of CRH at this point and it wasn't snowing or even an ice storm today :thumbsup:). She promised the same promise she made last week and said I'll double your order again! I'm like ok! I think she is gonna order me like $8000 worth of halves and let them sit there in the vault. If they pull them from a good pallet for the delivery that day I'm set for a couple weeks if not then I'm kinda stuck :icon_scratch:. Well there was only one thing to do "Road Trip"! Since I had the day off I headed north into the woods where I've had good luck in the past. Picked up $1000 in loose and hand rolls along with $120 in Brinks style feds of halves and $300 in dimes. Final take was pretty good:
2 - 90%
22 - 40%
86-s
02-s
06-s (silver)!
1942 Mercury Dime
 
Upvote 0
To bad you didn't get all your orders, but what if $8000.00 in havles come in? Guess you'll have alot of searching. Good luck!
 
I LOVE searching big amounts like $8k. So many boxes = so many chances.

I hope you get those orders worked out and you get good boxes when they FINALLY come in.

And grats on the road trip... you did QUITE well for yourself. I would LOVE to find a silver proof/nifc... no luck yet.

~Dave
 
That sucks, I went today to pick up my order from one of my banks today (it was supposed to be there last Tuesday) the vault teller said she just put in the order today.... She said that she would double my order too ($4,000), but I doubt it... >:(
 
seems like lately everyones orders are getting fouled up....did this happen last holiday season also?....or do you think it may have something to do with the problems the banks are having....being bailed out and all?
 
I think it is just the holidays dropping on Thursdays. People get busy, employee vacations, short staff. Just have to roll with it. Next week will probably be just as bad for me with New Years Day. Oh well, I did have a good time on the road trip and yesterday I noticed I'd dropped a roll of halves on the floor of my car. I opened it to start my CRH day and out popped a 90%. I was out searching dimes yesterday and had a little luck. One bank had two halves, both were shiny 1966's that looked BU. The teller just handed them to me! :thumbsup:Anyone know if there is an easy way to identify the SMS (special mint set)? Ended with 4 roosevelts and a 1965 Canadian. Went through $250 in dime hand rolls for that.

Maine_Jim
 
maine_Jim said:
Anyone know if there is an easy way to identify the SMS (special mint set)? Ended with 4 roosevelts and a 1965 Canadian. Went through $250 in dime hand rolls for that.

Maine_Jim

As far as I know there is NO way to tell SMS unless it is in the mint set. Someone feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

Great job on your finds,
Jason
 
Wow - I would love to find a silver proof from any year. Finding one so new would be icing on the cake. Nice finds!
 
The silver proofs are almost strange looking. A bit wider like the clad proofs but blazing white. They almost don't look silver. This is the second one I have found not counting the 76-s silvers. I've found a few of those. I can't see how newer ones make it into circulation. I've gotten a 05-s and an 06-s. I'll drag out the camera next week as I am going to take a few photos of some of my better finds for 2008. Mostly halves as I shifted into those in September after a couple months of mining the copper pennies. Now that copper has crashed so bad I'm glad of that. I did put away a couple hundred in copper that I never looked at too closely. I did find one IH CRH pennies. Now I wanna get "shaved" :tard: with the dimes and halves. Seems like a few people have been getting them. I did have a brief streak when Walkers and Bens were appearing in my boxes but that has seemed to have slowed. Made me think that Brinks and Loomis got a shipment from the fed because of all the CRH draining the supply.

Maine_Jim
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom