What's new

I need help with a button backmark

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
7,742
Reaction score
12,709
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can someone tell me the time period for a "Waterbury Co's.(star) Waterbury Conn(star) backmark? It is not listed in McGuinn and Bazelon's book. I am thinking 1950s?
 
I looked thru Tice's book and I couldn't find your exact backmark. But he had a few that had the "Co's" in the backmark, and he calls them post WWII.
 
Upvote 0
There are some buttons on e-bay with the backmark I asked about. They are probably reproductions so I will pass on them.
 
Upvote 0
Going through another spell of not feeling well, but I must speak up to help my buddy Fyrffytr1. According to the company's website, the Waterbury Button Company changed its name to Waterbury Companies in 1942 or 43 (due to brainfog, I can't recall the very-exact date). So, if the button you are wondering about has a "Historical" (pre-dating 1942) emblem on its front, such as a civil war era military emblem, seeing "Waterbury Co's." (abbreviation for Companies) in its backmark means the button is absolutely a Reproduction, not an Original.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom