What's new

I need some advice

obsessedwithsilver

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2009
Messages
547
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Okay, there's a bank in a plaza that has 34 rolls of halves in the vault. However, there is a coin shop in the plaza as well. So do I get the coins or do I smell a big fat dump coming.

Care to weigh in?

What do you think veteran coin roll hunters?

OWS
 
Upvote 0
Buy them all!!! What is there to lose but a little bit of time? Many a times the people that leave dumps at banks don't ask if they have any in the vault. So you could get some dumps and whatever was there before. Try it.

Golden Silver
 
My local coin dealer is surrounded by banks, but I have picked silver several times at these banks. Go for it.
 
no brainer! buy
 
My first time coinrolling I went to a bank that was in the same plaza as a coin dealer. Guess what I pulled? 5 Solid Rolls of Walkers, 4 Solid Rolls of Bens and 4 rolls of both 40%'s & 90%'s.
 
Hey Scooba, why is it that you do not post that often. You are obviously have been at this for a while. Rich had made mention you think you can be tracked through your posts? Is that true.

Golden Silver
 
GS

I would like to post often but only to give thumbs up on some of the finds by other CRH's. I do post some finds once in a while. I compare scores to winning a small lottery that in the long run ends up being a much larger lottery. Now we all know that lottery winners don't go around advertising that they just won millions do they? Not the smart ones at least. I just don't really feel 100% comfortable knowing that someone else besides me knows exactly what I have for a stash. My father doesn't know my amount and I don't think that I have ever asked to know his.

I will say that recently I have found a solid roll of 64's and a solid roll of franklins. I go out of state to get my coins but dump in my home state. Matter of fact, I bumped into another Tnet CHR a couple weeks ago. He was dumping and I caught him in the act. I was waiting for him to finish his dump and I kinda felt weird when he looked me in the eye during his dump. Aside from the sound of his dump, you could hear a pin drop. I mustered the courage to ask him if he was dumping though I think he knew that I knew what he was doing. He was short with words, "Yeah" he replied. There was another moment of silence and he asked me if I was dumping. I said, " Not yet. I'm waiting for you to finish" At this point I figured I would try a longshot and ask him, "Are you on the forum"? He said that he was. I asked him what his tag was and as it turns out he is "Ugotit22". I told him that my tag was "ScoobaSteve". He then smiled and said that he had recently gone metal detecting with "Rich Hartford", my father. I instantly knew who he was and we had some stories to share. After I finished my dump I got in line to dump my $100 in Ikes. He is at one teller and Im at the other. I hand over my Ikes and the teller said, "Oh My Goodness! How long have you had these?" and I look over at Ugotit22 and he tells her, " Ohhhh he's probably had 'em for about 5 minutes." We both laughed and the teller was clueless. I hate to bump into CRH's but it's not so bad when it's one of the guys from Tnet.
 
I always buy, unless I am instructed otherwise by the tellers, and even then, I'm very tempted to take them anyway. As Golden Silver said "What is there to lose but a little bit of time?" How true. Sometimes they'll tell me that "someone brings in 4-5 hundred dollars every week", or that a collector brought them in. I've gotten some good scores by buying $300 or more from a single bank. I recently bought $990 in rolls from a bank and it had more '64s (I think 24) in the mix than 40%ers. I'll be posting last weeks finds soon (hopefully tomorrow). I've been too busy to take the pics and such, but I may have found my best find yet.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
That is a funny story Scooba. I have ran into other guys that do what we do but never ones on Tnet. Although I know several guys have passed through my area. I usually strike up a convo but they are very skiddish and keep the conversation short. I try to tell them about this website and they don't seem interested. It is as if they think no one is doing this hobbie and it is very very secrative. If only they visited this site they would realize how many people are in on the secret.

Golden Silver
 
oh my...Scooba,Ugotit, and Rich in the same area? those tellers must be shell shocked! ;D
 
mistergee said:
oh my...Scooba,Ugotit, and Rich in the same area? those tellers must be shell shocked! ;D

Ugotit definitely walks into the banks as though he owns them.
 
In a case like that i will ask for 100 dollars in rolls. I will then check them for signs of obvious dumping. If there is none i will then go back in for the rest saying my father "after phoning him" says he will take them all,since i also "collect for him".
 
I'd take them all and ask them to order me a box for next week.
 
So, what happened with these 34 rolls?

Why do people need to ask if they should get halves from a bank? If the halves are there take them. If its a dump so be it. A lot of times I think something is a dump and it supprises me. If it is, toss them in the bag and on to the next bank.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom