What's new

I think I got a penny error what do you think?

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2008
Messages
4,949
Reaction score
2,326
Golden Thread
0
Location
NorthWest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
at first I noticed the D mintmark was all filled in, not sure if that is common or not, so I took a picture and blew it up and when I did I noticed doubling on the date you can see a definite doubling on the 9 and the 6 in 1968, can you see it? Is this a legit error coin?
 

Attachments

  • 1968 lincoln.webp
    1968 lincoln.webp
    48.8 KB · Views: 287
Upvote 0
I have found several with filled in mintmarks. I'm pretty sure that their die chips.
As for the doubling, I can't really tell much about it...but its probably machine doubling.
 
While it looks like strike doubling to me, it's hard to tell from scans.

Please post your pic in the error forums over at cointalk.org,
you will get a much better response.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom