What's new

I think I have a marble...

highnam

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2012
Messages
1,624
Reaction score
1,710
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this clay marble in a 100 y/o logging camp. It is 1.5" in diameter and looks like it was painted red originally, has anyone ever seen a clay marble receive so many cuts? Did this occur naturally? Thanks
 

Attachments

  • P3230198.webp
    P3230198.webp
    58.5 KB · Views: 170
  • P3230199.webp
    P3230199.webp
    52.1 KB · Views: 169
how did you measure that one....looks like it was ground.....for why ..i dont know...that big may have been some kind of check valve
 
Thought I'd raise the dead on this post...must be a shooter ball with unknown cuts?
 
I remember seeing this. The flat spots look worn, like they were ground down. I know some old chairs and tables had claws holding marbles for feet. Usually they were handmade German swirls or clear, but they were usually large. I suspect this was used in that kind of scenario and the flat spots are from where it dragged across the floor.
 
Awesome. Thank you for the suggestion, it makes sense to me
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom