I think i lost my marbles !!!

oooldman

Feb 12, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, Whites coinmaster, Fisher F4
Primary Interest:
Other
When i was a kid I won the marble tournament I think it was 1955 I received a gold metal. More like gold plated lead. I had thousands of marbles in boxes, bags and every available coffee can. God only knows how many I used to kill rabbits with my trusty slingshot made out of the red rubber inner tubes. Many wives and to many moves later i came across 50 or so in a box in the garage and wanted to share. Many are well used a few are in great shape some are bigger and some are prettier but all held a place in my heart ... years ago. The GOLD metal is still hiding in the garage... somewhere.
Marbles 002.JPG Marbles 001.JPG Marbles 004.JPG

OP
OP
oooldman

oooldman

Feb 12, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, Whites coinmaster, Fisher F4
Primary Interest:
Other
these are the oversized marbles the one on each end is there for judging the size marbles 1 002.JPG

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice sets of marbles. Especially collectible when you have the boxes. I bought a huge jar many years ago at a garage sale for $1.00 and have been a collector ever since.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi oooldman; Thank you for a great trip down memory lane. I needed it. Marbles and baseball cards. Don't ya miss em. !!! :icon_thumleft: Thanks. PEACE:RONB

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi OOOLDMAN, show your marbles/boxes at Marbleconnection.com and you will know the value of your collection. Thanks and best wishes.....Joe McDonough

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for taking me back to when i was a kid again.I used to win at marbles had about 5 coffee cans full.Don't know what happened to them.Also had quite a few spinning tops.Too bad then you had no idea what they could be worth now.And thank you again for the trip down memory lane.

Wishbone

Jan 5, 2014
BC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you do find out more about your marbles, I'd like to hear about it, so please post it. I agree with the others, if they aren't collectables, they should be.

gusser

Dec 23, 2013
Central Penna
Detector(s) used
copper dowsing rod and a smaller 1 for a pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi oooldman; Thank you for a great trip down memory lane. I needed it. Marbles and baseball cards. Don't ya miss em. !!! :icon_thumleft: Thanks. PEACE:RONB

No marbles but I do have over 5000 baseball cards starting in the early 1950's thru 1970

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool marbles!

Many wives? :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread