What's new

Id like your opinion on something ....

treasurecoasteric

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2014
Messages
277
Reaction score
144
Golden Thread
0
I'd like your opinion on something ....

Here is my question and everyone's opinions are important.

Is it possible for someone to successfully hunt the beach, without a machine made specifically for beach use? In other words, could an average detecting enthusiast take a proven major brand land machine ( Fisher F 70, Garrett AT Pro, Whites MXT, Teknetics T2 etc ) and come hone with pirate coins, jewelry and other precious scottish metals, or will you only find anything good if you have a ( Fisher CZ 21, Minelab Excalibur, Whites Beach master PI, Tesoro Sand Shark etc )

There is a reason I ask and will give my story later

Sent from my BNTV600 using TreasureNet
 
Upvote 0
I have an AT Pro and hunt the dry sands in California all the time. When it comes to wet sands, I have not had much luck balancing so I stay on the dry. It does very well in pro mode, zero with full sensitivity. I did just purchase an Excal for the wet sand and surf where I expect much better performance (when it arrives tomorrow!!).
 
I use the auto ground balance at the waters edge and it usually balances around 13...then I manually drop the number about two more down, say to 11. If your having trouble balancing just set it on 12 and it will be fine. I run STANDARD mode...zero....I run six of eight bars sensitivity and if I get false signals, I drop down to five bars...keep your coil sweeps level with the bottom and don't let the coil come above the ground at the end of your sweeps...You will be surprised at how deep some of the targets are that you dig...you don't have to change balance from wet sand to water but if you go in the dry you have to re balance...should balance in the dry around 70...tape the coil wire in several places up the shaft, the water will move that wire if you don't and you will get falses...my first tape is about three inches from the coil ...good luck, let me know how it works and feel free to ask more questions.

Thanks! I'll print that out and use it when I get to the beach.
 
Answer is yes.....IF you don,t mind missing alot of stuff.

Used the F75... then used TESORO SandShark...the finds increased 5 fold in exact same area.

Bought the CZ 21 couple weeks later...went over the exact same area...and targets everywhere.

Classic case of you get what you pay for AND be sure to pay for the correct thing.

Just be fully aware that there is a correct machine for the correct application.

SandShark and CZ21 are both saltwater machines....but the CZ 21 has more power which I need as the place I,m hunting is rocky and the coil is off the ground 6 inches a lot to clear the rocks...allows me to reach the objects between the rocks...hence more power needed.

These are just my observations from my saltwater hunting this winter. Doesn,t mean it is correct....but is what I have seen.
 
On Florida beaches, I can set my AT pro up to run stable in the wet sand and the salt water. Its only about 2 inches shallower than my CZ21. I used it one whole Summer in the saltwater and found some nice gold and silver rings with it. I don't run mine in the same mode that everyone says to use in the salt...when I set it up like everyone says to, its too unstable to use. Ive helped several people set their AT PRO up to run stable using my settings, so its not just my machine, its the settings. Florida has different mineralization than other states so the AT pro works differently here. My friend has used a CZ21 for many years and one day his CZ quit working at the beach. I had my AT pro in the car for a back up. After using it for about thirty minutes and digging several targets including a ring, he said "I don't know why people say the AT pro wont work in saltwater".

What are your settings?
 
On Florida beaches, I can set my AT pro up to run stable in the wet sand and the salt water. Its only about 2 inches shallower than my CZ21. I used it one whole Summer in the saltwater and found some nice gold and silver rings with it. I don't run mine in the same mode that everyone says to use in the salt...when I set it up like everyone says to, its too unstable to use. Ive helped several people set their AT PRO up to run stable using my settings, so its not just my machine, its the settings. Florida has different mineralization than other states so the AT pro works differently here. My friend has used a CZ21 for many years and one day his CZ quit working at the beach. I had my AT pro in the car for a back up. After using it for about thirty minutes and digging several targets including a ring, he said "I don't know why people say the AT pro wont work in saltwater".
what are your settings?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom