What's new

ID Needed.

FunWithTreasure

Hero Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
783
Reaction score
347
Golden Thread
0
Found some nice points today and yesterday. Theese ones being the best out of the lot. The 3rd one in the pics I have never seen anything like it before. I looked in all my State Books. It was found in Ulster County New York. Dont know anything about it its cool though. About the size if a quarter.
 

Attachments

  • 4.webp
    4.webp
    24.7 KB · Views: 363
  • 5.webp
    5.webp
    23 KB · Views: 364
  • 6.webp
    6.webp
    29 KB · Views: 357
  • 4.webp
    4.webp
    24.7 KB · Views: 365
  • 5.webp
    5.webp
    23 KB · Views: 363
  • 6.webp
    6.webp
    29 KB · Views: 371
Upvote 0
The third one looks like a resharpened Erb basal notched imo. Check out some Pa. typology for examples of the type. I cant make out the bases of the other two because of the shadow.
 
I too am having difficulty with the shadow, but from what I am seeing, the third one could be a Jack's Reef pentagonal, with some basal damage. I believe Richie's work on New York Typology may have a description of the type.

artorius
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom