What's new

First full point of 2026

BCSMark

Full Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2025
Messages
121
Reaction score
473
Golden Thread
0
Location
Brazos county, Texas
I’ve not really done any intentional hunting this year, as I have been using my free time to metal detect more than look for N.A. artifacts. And so while I was out metal detecting yesterday I came across this one sitting atop a gopher mound! This was found in Brazos county (Texas) at a natural spring that is less than a mile from the Brazos River. I have found flakes here before but this is the first tool I have found at this site. I have permission to metal detect and have plans to ask about digging and sifting.
I don’t have much experience identifying points, but thought this one seemed like it may be a Bulverde type? Or maybe an Nolan?Anyone have a better ID?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3767.webp
    IMG_3767.webp
    3.7 MB · Views: 90
  • IMG_3776.webp
    IMG_3776.webp
    4.8 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_3777.webp
    IMG_3777.webp
    5.1 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_3778.webp
    IMG_3778.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_3780.webp
    IMG_3780.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 56
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom