Identification Help - delicate cluster, eggs, geode

Graham_C

Sep 12, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thumbnail_IMG_3948.jpg thumbnail_IMG_3947.jpg thumbnail_IMG_3946.jpg thumbnail_IMG_3944.jpg thumbnail_IMG_3943.jpg

I'm not sure what these are, but I have my suspicions. The spiked cluster with the orange tint is extremely fragile, like mica, and very light weight. I believe the eggs are banded agate and moonstone, but not 100% sure. The geode book holder I think might be labradorite, but again not sure. Thanks.

IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2011
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
ace 250/garret pinpointer, garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Geode book holder is dyed agate. I'd say you are right on the ID's for the sock darning eggs. No clue on the crystal cluster, but it is a really nice specimen! Some one should be able to identify it on here.

Upvote 0

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
The cluster might be coral.
Does anyone darn socks anymore? I think there's a Jeopardy clue in there somewhere.
Darning eggs had handles. NO I've never tried darn it but I remember them when I had an antique shop.
I think they are just decorative like the Tiffany eggs.
There is one around here somewhere. One of those things people just have to hold.

Upvote 0

IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2011
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
ace 250/garret pinpointer, garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The cluster might be coral.
Does anyone darn socks anymore? I think there's a Jeopardy clue in there somewhere.
Darning eggs had handles. NO I've never tried darn it but I remember them when I had an antique shop.
I think they are just decorative like the Tiffany eggs.
There is one around here somewhere. One of those things people just have to hold.
Did they all have handles though? The one my mom used was used by her grandmother, and it doesn't have a handle.....Not claiming I know for sure that these are darning eggs, I would tend to believe you are right, I learn things all the time!

Upvote 0

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting