What's new

I'm hungry, momma!

WannaDig3687

Platinum Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2017
Messages
23,801
Reaction score
112,451
Golden Thread
0
Location
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
When we got up to the lake last weekend, Mr WD had to cut the plastic off of the air conditioner. There was a bird nest on top. When he got the ladder and climbed up and started cutting, the neighboring campers were hollering at him, "What are you doing?!? There's babies in there!" Then he was dive bombed by either momma or poppa robin. He was not a happy camper. :laughing7:

You all are going to have to tell me which is momma and which is poppa. They both kept us at bay all weekend.

momma1.webp

momma2.webp

poppa.webp Even threatened me as I sat on my deck!

one.webp One little baby.

two.webpTwo little babies

so sleepy.webp Aww! They're soooo sleepy!

feedme.webp Feed me, Momma! (or Poppa?)

three.webpOoops! Miscounted. There's three of them little buggers.

wait a min.webp Wait a sec. Is that another little one?

yep4.webp Yep. There's four of them.


so hungry.webp And they're all starving! Hopefully, they will put a dent in the Mayfly swarm.


Thanks for looking!

~Sis
 
Those are cool pics Sis,typical kids..bottomless pits.:laughing7:

GOD Bless

Chris
 
I love it .
That put a smile on my face.

Gonna look up male vs female Robins.

Ill guess the Typical Brown one is the Male , I see them out working for worms more. lol
or
the female is smarter and just lays low.

Could you use the air or did y'all sweat it out.

Maybe they will fledged by the 4th of July .
 
Id say the female is the one feeding the babies & your first pic is of the male.

The 3rd pic down look's ' Kinda' like a different Bird the chest looks speckled ???

You know better than I , as you were with them for a time.
Great Pictures Sis.
 
Those are cool pics Sis,typical kids..bottomless pits.:laughing7:

GOD Bless

Chris

Yes typical kids! Thanks, Chris. I must admit, it was a lot easier to photograph them since they couldn't go far! :laughing9:
 
I love it .
That put a smile on my face.

Gonna look up male vs female Robins.

Ill guess the Typical Brown one is the Male , I see them out working for worms more. lol
or
the female is smarter and just lays low.

Could you use the air or did y'all sweat it out.

Maybe they will fledged by the 4th of July .


Happy to make you smile! :cat:

Bill from Lachine told me the colorful one is the male and the spotted one is female.

Mr WD went through all the yelling and dive bombing for nothing. Every time we used the air conditioner we tripped a circuit breaker. So the boys sweated it out a little. It is just to cool off the sleeping area in the loft. Kids didn't care. They fished all day on the boat and then fished the pond and the channel until 10:00 pm or so. Spent all of their energy and crashed. They would get up the next day and repeat.
 
Id say the female is the one feeding the babies & your first pic is of the male.

The 3rd pic down look's ' Kinda' like a different Bird the chest looks speckled ???

You know better than I , as you were with them for a time.
Great Pictures Sis.

I thought it might be too. When I looked them up though, there were pics of them with spotted chests.
 
Happy to make you smile! :cat:

Bill from Lachine told me the colorful one is the male and the spotted one is female.

Mr WD went through all the yelling and dive bombing for nothing. Every time we used the air conditioner we tripped a circuit breaker. So the boys sweated it out a little. It is just to cool off the sleeping area in the loft. Kids didn't care. They fished all day on the boat and then fished the pond and the channel until 10:00 pm or so. Spent all of their energy and crashed. They would get up the next day and repeat.

Sounds like a great time & your making lasting memories with the Grand-Kids .

Wish I could go back in time on many occasions but then again ???

I hope y'all continue to have a Blessed Summer / late Spring.
Davey
 
Sounds like a great time & your making lasting memories with the Grand-Kids .

Wish I could go back in time on many occasions but then again ???

I hope y'all continue to have a Blessed Summer / late Spring.
Davey

I hear you, Davey. There's a lot of good times I would like to go back to, myself. And leave the bad ones in the past. But that's all life experiences that shape a person to who they are today. :icon_thumright:

Thank you, I pray the same for you and your family!

~Sis
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom