What's new

Indians, Buffalos, War nickel, an awesome flat button and possible gun part

toasted

Silver Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2015
Messages
3,452
Reaction score
14,368
Golden Thread
5
Location
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
6
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went to the Pomander site today for starters. I was hoping the rain and a new 12 x13 Nel coil would help me get back on some of the good stuff. The day did not disappoint. 4 wheaties, two Buffalos, 1945 war nickel, badly corroded 1864 indian, an early butt plate? and three flat buttons. One with an open work floral design. My favorite from this site.

Next, I returned to the Indian head site for you guessed it, Indian heads. 1904, 1905 and a really nice 1876. Any help with an id on the one piece is appreciated and thanks for looking
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    396.6 KB · Views: 128
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    360.3 KB · Views: 100
Upvote 22
WTG Johnny Holmes. You had a XXX rated hunt. Love the the coin porn.
 
Really like the button

Yeah, it blows away the many dozens of flat buttons I've dug here. I wonder if its 1700's or early 1800's though
 
Great job on finding those early Indians, an 1864 I believe was the "fat" bronze kind of cent. I prefer these over the newer copper skinny cents. :thumbsup::treasurechest:
 
No the fatties were 1859-63 I believe. I've found 48 Indians this year but no fatties. :dontknow:
 
Nice Hunt. I love those Indians and flat buttons.
 
No one can confirm the one piece is a gun part? More pics?
 
Are you asking about the object on the far right? If so it looks like a watch or clock fob to me.
 
toasted,

You're gun part item could be a musket side plate....they made them in a lot of different shapes and sizes.

Regards + HH

Bill
 
Looks like a butt plate to me, excellent hunt! Nice open-work late 1700s-very early 1800s button! Solid day!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom