njrelicgairl

Jul 1, 2013
warren county NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites coin master and Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello
Looking for some help on this one.I recovered a makeup compact from a home that was 1850. On the front of the compact it reads Houbigant. Some one told me that it's an old makeup company. From the 20s or 30s.Has any on heard of this company? An could it be from over sea's. 20210530_142056_HDR.jpg

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All I know is that Houbigant is a very old French perfume Co, You may get more responses on the What is it forum.

OP
OP
njrelicgairl

njrelicgairl

Jul 1, 2013
warren county NJ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All I know is that Houbigant is a very old French perfume Co, You may get more responses on the What is it forum.

Thank you! Is there a way to post it from here on this forum. To that forum. So I don't have to rewrite it.

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a similar item..

Attachments

• Houbigant.jpg
    Houbigant.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 48

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is Houbigant Paris and if you google it you will find lots of their advertisement pages for sale. Dates look like late twenties and thirties. Probably much more to be learned by looking at them all.

Last edited:
OP
OP
njrelicgairl

njrelicgairl

Jul 1, 2013
warren county NJ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is Houbigant Paris and if you google it you will find lots of their advertisement pages for sale. Dates look like late twenties and thirties. Probably much more to be learned by looking at them all.
poo
Thank you I will do just that.

OP
OP
njrelicgairl

njrelicgairl

Jul 1, 2013
warren county NJ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm posting a picture of the inside of the compact
The glass was Brock when I found it.
20210601_152159_HDR.jpg

CassRubly

Jun 24, 2022
Hello
Looking for some help on this one.I recovered a makeup compact from a home that was 1850. On the front of the compact it reads Houbigant. Some one told me that it's an old makeup company. From the 20s or 30s.Has any on heard of this company? An could it be from over sea's. View attachment 1928755
Hello, I myself just recently found one at this very old cemetery right up the road from my house. It was laying on like the path where one would walk between the headstones and near a grave from 1856. I haven’t been able to find ANYTHING on the internet even relatively close to this one. It came out of the ground exactly how it’s pictured in my hand. Almost looks as if it is silver considering how clean it came out of the ground from being buried like 4-6 inches below.

Attachments

• 4FB447C7-3902-4CFF-B436-4CB0C83973D2.jpeg
    4FB447C7-3902-4CFF-B436-4CB0C83973D2.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
OP
OP
njrelicgairl

njrelicgairl

Jul 1, 2013
warren county NJ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello, I myself just recently found one at this very old cemetery right up the road from my house. It was laying on like the path where one would walk between the headstones and near a grave from 1856. I haven’t been able to find ANYTHING on the internet even relatively close to this one. It came out of the ground exactly how it’s pictured in my hand. Almost looks as if it is silver considering how clean it came out of the ground from being buried like 4-6 inches below.
Hi cassrubly
It's soo cool to find them. Is there a name on your compact? Makers name?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions