What's new

Invested $218.00................

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2006
Messages
1,894
Reaction score
66
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Other
.................over lunch to fill a bank's $1000 coin counter bag of halves (before they would sell it to me).

The remaining $782 (that I hadn't looked at yet) produced:

  • 64px6
    65x3
    66x1
    67x25
    68dx21
    68sx1 !!
    69dx2

for a total of 59 keepers or an outstanding 3.8% keeper rate. !!

Yeah, that was a wise investment....... 8)


......and in the reject tray of the coin counter, I pulled out a '76 Canadian quarter (that I didn't have yet )
 
Upvote 0
Good lunch! Can't believe how many 68D's are out there.

Brian
 
Well done Thurm!! Congrats on another nice score. Repeating.....your having a killer month buddy. Keep riding the wave..........go find another one......and good luck.

BTW - Kudos on that 68-S!! That is a sweet find.
 
You're smokin', Thurm!
Looks like you've done better in 3 weeks than all of last year!
 
Where did you say you live and work?

LOL
HH
Cat
 
Thanks for the kind words guys. Yeah, it has been record month for me. Dare I say LJ-esque ? 8)

Dumping the rejects from yesterday's coin counter bag revealed the count was dead-on accurate (always a good sign), as the reject halves totaled $970.50; so the four US quarters and three US cents that were also in the bag were a bonus. 8)

Also, when dumping those rejects today (and picking up new boxes) at the bank, their reject bucket (on the inside) yielded a 76d Ike, three US dimes, three US cents and a twenty peso Mexican coin ('80).

While helping the guy change the bags out (they had to use smaller bags, for the regular size had run out) I cherry picked a '44 US cent ........and a '57d US quarter ! (need to see if I'm still missing that one or not)


Next, a second bank, after buying my boxes of halves, asked for any foreign coin. The teller gives me eight Canadian quarters ('74, '76, '80, '84, 86x2 (I didn't have an '86 yet), '93, '03), a Canadian Nickel ('68), Canadian dime ('00) and a five colone coin from Costa Rica ('89).

Nice begets nice.
 
thurmownator said:
Yeah, it has been record month for me.

And it's not over yet......add to your mound mountain.....keep em coming Mike!!! Good luck.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom