What's new

Is anyone out there replacing the o rings in older EXCALIBURS and what is the cost

abeach01

Jr. Member
Joined
May 9, 2010
Messages
60
Reaction score
74
Golden Thread
1
Location
USA
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
MINELAB EXCALIBUR X10
And also can it be pressure tested after they are replaced. I have replaced them before but not sure if fine crack on pot seal or too much silicone greese or just the wrong size o rings. i have found that there is 4 different ways for the orings to be conformed depending on when produced. I would love for them to be pressure tested and right but mine lab just sells you a newer pod with board for $700 and junks the old one. Thanks, Jim
 
Upvote 0
Jim which model do you have, the old sword? I am booked with the GGA's for awhile but you may want to check with Davespen. I'm not sure what he charges but it is a task pressure testing all. I use a special endcap to check the seal on the knob shaft and coil endcap (test at 5 lbs pressure), then after that passes, I finish sealing all up and do the pool test, about 3 to 4 feet down for an hour plus, then from there I check the operations of the machine by using it in the Chesapeake Bay for a few hours, most of the time submerged. You end up with about 4 hours spent testing on each machine which can eat up a day real fast if you have more then one.

Models
OBN0053.webp

Top Orings are the first to go on the Excalibur
due to full exposer to the elements

OBN0049.webp
Pressure tester

OBN0011.webp

CJC Clives and NamVetts under pool test

OBN0051.webp

Inspection
Now onto the Bay Saturday

OBN0054.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom